I was looking back over some notes I took from a session on encouragement I attended at a workshop last year. Here are the highlights ...
Everyone needs encouragement.
Encouragement is not flattery.
If you encourage others, you will be encouraged.
Do you know about the 10-minute rule? Give any negative thing or thoughts 10 minutes to occupy your mind ... No more! After 10 minutes force yourself to move on and fill your mind with something else.
If we focus on ourself too much, we can't encourage others.
God is always there no matter what you're going through.
We rarely ever grow spiritually during the fun times.
Some people never look up until they're lying flat on their backs.
Many are so self-centered in their own lives and struggles, it's hard for them to encourage others.
Learn to encourage other people. In order to do this we must take our focus off ourself.
What happens when we encourage ... (1) God is glorified; (2) Others will be edified; (3) we will be rewarded in Heaven
I hope these notes are as encouraging to you as they were and are to me!
patsy
She Hath Done What She Could
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.