Sunday, July 31, 2016

What is Chalking?

I learned to chalk at PTP several years ago and have kept it up since.  Mostly I chalk biblical characters and scenes to be used in teaching God’s Word. 

I’m often asked ‘what is chalking?’ so I offer this brief explanation along with a few of the pieces I’ve chalked …
 
Items you will need:

poster board

image you want to chalk (be aware that some images are copyright)
tape (I use freezer tape)
pencil
eraser
sharpie marker
scissors
pastel chalk  
projector
 or a way to project the image 

Here are the steps ...


Tape the blank poster board onto a wall or door


Set up projector to reflect image onto poster board


Darken room enough so you can see image on poster board  


Sketch image onto poster board using pencil


Remove poster board from wall and place on a flat surface 


Outline image with sharpie


Use eraser and erase any remaining pencil marks


Cut image out


Chalk ... (color with chalk and blend with your fingers) I like to start with faces, hands and feet


Highlight and Shade


Laminate


I hope you enjoy this little peek into my chalking world!



patsy

No comments:

Post a Comment