Sunday, July 9, 2017

Queen Esther Class #4


(Notice the workbook/activity book that has a card laying on top of it?  One of the girls was having a birthday the day after this class so I prettied up a card and presented it to her.  She loved it!)

We're in our fourth week of our 'princess class' and we have pretty much established a routine.  

One of the students will open the class with prayer

We go over our memory verse (Esther 4:14) and give any of the girls that want to an opportunity to recite the verse.

We review past lessons which have the events of the story of Esther in chronological order. The girls really enjoy retelling the account, I just get them started and ask a question every now and then.

I teach the next 'thing that happened' in the account, which this week was ...

Mordecai and Esther's conversation regarding her role in possibly saving her people.  It involved her going before the King, only no one dared go before the King unless he had sent for them.  If someone did present themselves uninvited before the King and he held out the golden scepter to them they would live, if he did not, it meant certain death.  The King had not sent for Queen Esther in a month!  Queen Esther and her maidens fasted and prayed for 3 days, so did Mordecai and the Jews.  Would the King hold out the golden scepter to Queen Esther ... that's where I left them.

We sing songs

The girls choose something to work on in their workbooks

One of the girls was caught being extra kind to a younger child after Bible class so I placed a 'kindness' reward in her workbook/activity.  She doesn't know she has earned it!  I can't wait to see her reaction!

I continue to use 'speech bubble' sticky notes and write notes to the girls in their workbooks/activity books. I found the speech bubble sticky notes at the Dollar Tree about a year ago.

I also continue to take pictures each week and add them to the girl's workbooks/activity books.

The take-home for this week was of course, a golden scepter for each girl!  (Pictured in the center of the table in the picture above.  I made them out of styrofoam and my husband spray painted them gold.)

patsy

No comments:

Post a Comment